Aside

7 months!

1 Dec

Chocolate Fudge CakeOh, this glorious cake. It makes me giddy just to look at it. This beauty marks 7 months, my friends. I have been writing a story every single day for 7 months. That’s… insane. It is also, at this point, habit. Not easy habit, no. But even when I’m exhausted, when I’ve been forced to pay attention to something else all day, I’m telling myself, in the back of my mind, don’t forget your story, your story, your story, you have to write your story…! I will admit that I haven’t been writing winners, lately. When I devote a lot time and attention to something else, the writing definitely suffers. Which seems like something I really need to pay attention to when I go back to a normal life. Anyway, celebrate 7 months with me (that little piece of cake on the plate is for you) and wish me luck for… tomorrow. Just tomorrow. I never know if I’ll make it beyond tomorrow.

Photo by Tracy Hunter, Kabul, Afghanistan, 11/2005.

7 Responses to “7 months!”

1. jbh December 4, 2012 at 7:04 AM #

Amazing accomplishment, Claire. You’re closer to done than beginning. Wishing you luck on the chapbook contest.

• Claire Guyton December 4, 2012 at 9:39 AM #

Thanks Jen! Sometimes I whisper to myself… will I make it?? And then I shriek, Shut up! One day at a time! ONE!

2. cynthia December 4, 2012 at 9:28 AM #

Yes, congratulations! And also good luck on the chapbook contest.

• cynthia December 4, 2012 at 9:29 AM #

And I am enjoying all your categories.

• Claire Guyton December 4, 2012 at 9:41 AM #

Thank you! Re categories, I’m thinking of doing sounds soon and recipes/taste.

3. Patricia Weidler December 4, 2012 at 1:08 PM #

That is one good looking cake! Congratulations Claire!

• Claire Guyton December 6, 2012 at 5:50 PM #

Isn’t it though? But our cookies will be so much prettier…. Thanks Patty!